What We Do
AFCS offers culturally sensitive and holistic support to enhance the social, physical, emotional, spiritual and mental wellbeing of families and individuals.
AFCS Support Services and Activities
- Children, youth and family activities
- Language and cultural activities
- Wellness activities for adults
- Crisis support: Assistance in accessing specialist
- services – domestic violence, housing, dementia, disability and elder abuse
- Spiritual care and counselling
- Volunteering opportunities
- COVID-19 related support
Aged Care-Specific Support Services:
- Group Social Support i.e. light exercise, cultural dancing, arts and crafts making, community singing, outings and digital skills.
- Individual social support -accompanied shopping and medical appointments, friendly calling and visiting
- Respite activities and support
- Dementia-specific support and activities
- In-home support i.e. home cleaning and garden maintenance
- Home Care services through partnered Home Care Providers
- Support and referrals in accessing support services including My Aged Care
To learn more about our services and know if you are eligible, please contact us for a friendly chat.