The Australian Filipino Community services is a not-for profit, and charitable organisation that seeks to promote harmony and wellbeing to all Filipinos and multicultural communities in Australia through the following activities:
a) providing welfare services and community care to the disadvantaged
b) fostering partnership with philanthropic societies, governments, and other organisations to respond to the needs of disadvantaged members of the community
To provide leadership in proactive services for Australian Filipinos across generations
- to respond to people in need with compassion, charity, and pastoral carer;
- to offer welfare services to disadvantaged families and individuals, aged, vulnerable women and children
- linkup migrants to other agencies by active participation in the workforce, civic life, community education and volunteering;
- preserve the Australian Filipino cultural heritage
As a new migrant, I found a place where I can help and feel I belong.
Thanks to volunteering at AFCS.
Volunteering makes me feel special and valued so I take it as a gift to others….. a gift of myself…..
Volunteering helps me to share my culture from El Salvador and to create something beautiful.
I am happy with [the] Arts and Crafts [program] because I learn to make lanterns (parols) and I am happy because I learn things about crafts that I didn’t know before.
– Anita Seplala
I found a good opportunity to use English with the other culture people. It was fun to play with people and get to know each other more closely.
– Susana, Korean participant